Been having one of those periods we all get when things just seem a bit too much to be bothered with.
Lethargy, apathy, disillusionment, call it whatever you will, but that’s partly the reason for my lack of posts recently.
It will pass, I’m sure.
However, in this ‘altered state’ I’ve also been a little sorry to see so few posts, blogs, articles, etc. on the “inter-web” that have sparked the usual level of interest for me. Hence the lack of the ‘Highlights of the week’ posts on here.
Maybe all the bloggers are feeling a little down? Or maybe it’s just me? Or maybe I just need a holiday?
As I say….It will pass!
In the meanwhile my love of reading has not diminished and I’ve been steadily working my way through more and more books.
That’s one thing I hope will never leave me. My love of the written word. Not only for the information and learning that one can gain….but for pure escapism.
What can be better than to become so immersed in a novel that you can shut off the outside world and become part of what’s going on with the characters in a good book. Just like when you watch a captivating movie or TV show and you become so engrossed that you loose all consciousness of the edge of the screen or the TV casing.
I know….I know….I’m weird. But what the hell….I like me.
Anyhow…the trigger is….
1. a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.
2. a number of sheets of blank or ruled paper bound together for writing, recording business transactions, etc.
3. a division of a literary work, esp. one of the larger divisions.
4. the Book, the Bible.
5. anything that serves for the recording of facts or events
6. a magazine: used esp. in magazine publishing.
7. to enter in a book or list; record; register.
8. to register one’s name.
9. of or pertaining to a book or books: the book department; a book salesman.
10. derived or learned from or based on books: a book knowledge of sailing.
11. by the book, according to the correct or established form; in the usual manner: an unimaginative individual who does everything by the book.
12. like a book, completely; thoroughly: She knew the area like a book.
13. one for the book or books, a noteworthy incident; something extraordinary: The daring rescue was one for the book.
14. write the book, to be the prototype, originator, leader, etc., of: So far as investment banking is concerned, they wrote the book.
Script, Volume, Tome,
- Camera Obscura – Books Written for Girls (album: Underachievers Please Try Harder) 
- The Clientele – Bookshop Casanova (album: God Save the Clientele) 
- The Real Tuesday Weld – Last Words (album: The London Book of the Dead) 
- The Beautiful South – My Book (album: Carry On Up The Charts: The Best Of The Beautiful South) 
- Cake – Open Book (album: Fashion Nugget) 
- We Are Scientists – Textbook (album: With Love and Squalor) 
- Spoon - The Book I Write (album: Stranger Than Fiction) 
- Sting – The Book Of My Life (album: Sacred Love) 
- Daniel Bedingfield- I Can’t Read You (album: Gotta Get Thru This) 
- Chris De Burgh – Read My Name (album: Road to Freedom) 
- Bread - Diary (album: The Best Of Bread) 
- Maximo Park – Books From Boxes (album: Our Earthly Pleasures)